What can you expect from one to one coaching
What is Coaching?
Coaching is a process that aims to improve performance and focuses on the ‘here and now’ rather than on the distant past or future.
The essence of coaching is:
- To help a person change in the way they wish and helping them go in the direction they want to go.
- Coaching supports a person at every level in becoming who they want to be.
- Coaching builds awareness, empowers choice and leads to change.
Unlike training or mentoring where the emphasis is on the trainer or mentor imparting their knowledge to you, coaching focuses on helping the coachee to take responsibility and ownership for identifying their own goals, assessing their own strengths and areas for development and identifying their own solutions for moving forwards.
This is achieved by the coach providing a safe, creative and non-judgemental space, asking questions and listening to help the coachee explore, reflect and make decisions.
Developmental coaching will normally be carried out over a series of sessions (6-10), with the coachee deciding on their own goals and development areas for the coaching. Session topics are agreed with the coach, with the coachee setting out the order of prioritiy.
Executive, Leadership and Career Coaching
I work with individuals from emerging leaders to Board Directors to enable them to develop their authentic leadership style, overcome challenges and adapt their behaviour to be more effective in their roles. I work with clients as a facilitator, raising self-awareness through conversation, challenge and encouraging self-reflection.
How I work with you
Once you have made contact I will:
- Explain what coaching is, how it could work for you and the potential benefits to you and your organisation
- Outline my style of coaching and my values
- Agree the mix of coaching sessions (face to face, skype, telephone), and the time line for your coaching – typically 6-8 sessions.
Once we have agreed the basic “contract”, together we plan our first session and clarify your coaching needs. At this we will get to know each other to ensure we are compatible to work together; I will explain my role and confidentiality within coaching, and we will begin coaching and map out future sessions and support.
I will regularly seek feedback from you, and make adjustments as guided by you.
Towards the end of the programme we will review overall progress, successes and any outstanding steps still to be taken.
Fees and Coaching Packages
My fees are based around a series of 90 minute-2 hour sessions, and these can be purchased individually or as package. I offer a 20-30 minute complimentary consultation before you book your first session, and offer email and text support between sessions
- Most of my client’s book 6 x 90 minute sessions if they are focussing on their development or career direction
- Senior leaders who are looking for a reflective space to focus often book quarterly 2 hour check in sessions to review their goals, direction and actions for the coming quarter.
I work with a team of talented associate coaches on team coaching or leadership development programmes, so can supply a number of coach profiles to allow prospective coachees to select the coach who is right for them. All coaches are fully qualified and members of the Association for Coaching or European Mentoring and Coaching Council.